Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Connecting PowerBI workspace with teamsite

Hello,

I am trying to connect my workspace with teamsite i created. something shown in this post: https://whitepages.unlimitedviz.com/2019/06/connecting-power-bi-workspaces-and-sharepoint-sites/

I created team site -> which is available in one drive business account folder --> saved powerbi reports .pbix files in folder --> which is visible on team site also. 

New workspace --> added workspace onedrive as my team site --> want to upload report in to that workspace from that teamsite.

Inspite in workspace advanced setting i got my "workspace onedrive" mentioned when i try to add data set in workspace from that organizational one drive i am not able to find that sharepoint site. 

Get Data --> File --> want to pick my sharepoint site.

any suggestion ? what am i missing why my workspace cant access the teamsite?

Reards,

KP

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
v-henryk-mstf
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

According to the question you asked, did you enter the URL in the correct format? I tested it and successfully connected to the teamsite after entering the correct URL.

v-henryk-mstf_0-1620197292172.png

v-henryk-mstf_1-1620197307895.png

Please try again with the correct URL, if the problem is still not resolved, please let me know immediately. Looking forward to your reply.

Best Regards,
Henry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Hi @Anonymous ,

I am happy to be able to successfully connect to teamsite. At present, it is only possible to add a comment in the classic sharepoint, and then re-link through the URL. If there is still confusion, you can create a new case. We will have other technical engineers answer for you.

v-henryk-mstf_0-1620203388130.png

Best Regards,
Henry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-henryk-mstf
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

According to the question you asked, did you enter the URL in the correct format? I tested it and successfully connected to the teamsite after entering the correct URL.

v-henryk-mstf_0-1620197292172.png

v-henryk-mstf_1-1620197307895.png

Please try again with the correct URL, if the problem is still not resolved, please let me know immediately. Looking forward to your reply.

Best Regards,
Henry

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Henry,

It worked this time. i was adding sharepoint site link where all my document folders are and it was giving error "Access denied" but if i add main link of my site - https://xyz.com/sites/PowerBIRptsVersionBackup then it worked. 

but look and feel is weird for the folders and page list. 

krpatel_0-1620199423553.png

krpatel_1-1620199484881.png

One more thing team sites works well to collaborate powerbi reports including version control with team and get notified who changes what, reflect the changes automatically without publishing it. but it doesnt let me add comments for version unless i manually upload .pbix file using classic sharepoint view. any trick on that issue ?

In below screenshot "try this"comment is been added manually using classic sharepoint and upload the .pbix manually again. otherwise it did keep version when ever i changed report - how can i add comment without manually uploading report to teamsite? The time zone looks odd too.

krpatel_2-1620199648110.png

Thank You,

KP

Hi @Anonymous ,

I am happy to be able to successfully connect to teamsite. At present, it is only possible to add a comment in the classic sharepoint, and then re-link through the URL. If there is still confusion, you can create a new case. We will have other technical engineers answer for you.

v-henryk-mstf_0-1620203388130.png

Best Regards,
Henry

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Henry... its not the same option for me though. But i managed to figure it out.thanks for help.

Regards,

KP

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors