Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

s15
Helper III
Helper III

Connect to a Microsoft Access DB stored in OneDrive for Business?

Is there a way to work with my Microsoft Access DB stored in OneDrive for Business? I can use Power BI Desktop to connect but saying a case that my work requires different computers that doesn't store Access file. That's why I need to put in on OneDrive.

2 REPLIES 2
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @s15,

As far as I know, it is not possible to connect to Microsoft Access DB stored in OneDrive for Business currently. 

Is there a way to work with my Microsoft Access DB stored in OneDrive for Business? I can use Power BI Desktop to connect but saying a case that my work requires different computers that doesn't store Access file. That's why I need to put in on OneDrive.

There is a new feature called Power BI service Live connection, with which you can create your perfect data model in Power BI Desktop, publish it to the Power BI service, then you and others can create multiple different reports (in separate .pbix files) from that same, common data model.

So I'm wondering if you could store your Microsoft Access DB file on a specific computer, and create your data model there and publish it to Power BI service, then connect to this dataset on other computers that doesn't store the Access file with this feature(Power BI service Live connection). Smiley Happy

Regards

Hello,

But he will still face the same problem, he will not be able to update the Power BI dataset when the MS Access DB is changed, until he goes to his own computer and force refesh and publish to his pbix file to the service, and the other shall wait.

Microsoft is simply killing MS Access by disabling all web functionalities, I do not really know the reason, I feel it is because they want to invest in Power Apps, and for me I still can't find it convince-able reason.

Regards

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors