Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
michaelshparber
Helper V
Helper V

Connect to a Dataflow with Excel Power Query

Hello friends,

How do I connect to a Dataflow table from Excel Power Query?

I don't see the same connectors as I see in Power BI - maybe I can install smth.?

Thanks!

Michael

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @michaelshparber ,

Based on my test, it is not supported yet currently.You can come up a new idea about that and add your comments there to improve Power BI and make this feature coming sooner.

https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
hugo50
Frequent Visitor

Hi, 

I read it is now possible to connect Excel PQ to dataflows, do you guys know how to ? I can't find "dataflow" as data entry option in excel (it says I have the latest version).

Regards

Hugo

Did you ever figure this out?  I'm also very interested in finding a way to connect Excel to a DataFlow.  I'm getting very tired of using different data sources when I have to use Excel rather than Power BI.  

hugo50
Frequent Visitor

In Power BI's "Get Data" dialog there's an entry for "Power BI dataflows" and "Power Platform dataflows". The link only mentions Power Platform dataflows. I wonder if this will include both?

Same boat here - would like to be able to consume powerbi dataflow data in excel, appears that the option should be present, but cannot find anywhere that explains how to do it.

v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @michaelshparber ,

Based on my test, it is not supported yet currently.You can come up a new idea about that and add your comments there to improve Power BI and make this feature coming sooner.

https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

November Power BI Update 768x460.png

Check it Out!

Click here to read more about the November 2021 Updates!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.