Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jamescadd
Employee
Employee

Connect to Visual Studio Online - Project Path

Hello,

I'm trying to connect to my VSO project, but the project itself requires a path.  The top left of VSO says:

Visual Studio Online / MY ROOT / SAMPLEPROJECT

There are no instructions for this circumstance in the documentaiton:

https://support.powerbi.com/knowledgebase/articles/543394-visual-studio-online-content-pack-for-powe...

I've tried using the myorganization.visualstudioonline.com part of the URL in the Account while connecting (which works fine) but can't figure out what to put in Project.  SAMPLEPROJECT alone points to the DefaultCollection (all projects; takes forever to load) and MY ROOT/SAMPLEPROJECT produces an error.  Is there any guidance on connecting to pathed projects in VSO?

Thanks,

James

3 REPLIES 3

hi jamescadd,

I just did this yesterday. From you explanation it sounds like you have the first part correct.

like the help says, just use the "myorganization" of the URL - which is what you said.

I found that if I log in to VSO, and click on the header - "Visual Studio Online" - you will be taken back out to the main page (rather than a project)

Then you select "Browse" and this should bring up the list of projects. Just use the project name, and the connector knows which one you want.

Capture.JPG

tl;dr: the Project field just requires the project name.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

Thanks for the info.  I hit browse from the main page as suggested, and I see a tree of available projects.  If I dig through it I can find the one I want though.  After that, I used your suggested and entered the project name where prompted (no path info).  I did not get an error, but the report doesn't contain any data.  Anything else I can try to get this working?

is this issue resolved for you? as we are also facing the same issue, for our project.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors