Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Connect to Snowflake on Dataflow in DirectQuery mode ?

Hi,

Is there any way to connect to snowflake in PBI dataflows with DirectQuery mode ? I cannot find specific answer in the documentation and when I tried myself it is not giving me a option

4 REPLIES 4
v-yanjiang-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

By default Direct Query is not enabled. In order to use this capability, you you should be a premium Power BI user.

Enable the enhanced compute engine on your premium capacity and go into the dataflow settings section for the dataflow you wish to enable and find the Enhanced compute engine property. Turn this setting to ‘On’ and refresh the dataflow.

Refer to this document: Power BI Dataflows Direct Query Support | Blog de Microsoft Power BI | Microsoft Power BI

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ kalyj

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

ibarrau
Super User
Super User

Hi. No you can't. Dataflow only store the data. So Import mode only. If you want to use Direct Query against snowflake then use Power Bi Desktop to build a dataset connected that way.

I hope that helps,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for clarifying. Can you give me a documentation link or reference where the same is stated ?

Hi there,

Did you manage to find a solution to this? I am trying to achieve probably the same outcome. I could use Power Apps table, but for some reason SF lets me connect to it via PBI, but not via PApps

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors