Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Connect to SQL Datasource using Gateway connection

Hello everyone! I'm getting the error below when trying to connect to a SQL database via Gateway in PBI Service:

I have a gateway connection, and I'm getting the error below when trying to connect to a SQL database via Dataflow in PBI Service.
"We were unable to connect to the data source using an encrypted connection. To use an unencrypted connection, uncheck "Use encrypted connection" and try again."
But there is no option "Use encrypted connection".
I'm using: Workspace > New > Dataflow > Define new tables (Add new tables) > SQL Server database.
Is there a Gateway error or an access error? I have all access needed to get this working, but I don't know what must be done to solve this error.
I appreciate any help.

gasilva8_0-1649079696662.png

3 REPLIES 3
v-zhangti
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Anonymous 

You can try to exclude the gateway error. First make sure the gateway version is up to date.

You can refer to the following document, hope it can help you.

https://docs.microsoft.com/power-bi/connect-data/service-gateway-onprem-tshoot 

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Charlotte

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @collinq,

I've checked that, but there is no option "Use encrypted connection".

gasilva8_1-1649132506193.png

I've found that option on MySQL database Dataflow, as you can see below, but I need to use SQL since I have a SQL server.

Workspace > New > Dataflow > Define new tables (Add new tables) > MySQL database.

gasilva8_0-1649132071834.png

collinq
Super User
Super User

Hey @Anonymous ,

What is under the advanced options drop down?  Is the Encrypted option hiding in there perhaps?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!
Private message me for consulting or training needs.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors