Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

MikeAinOz
Helper III
Helper III

Connect PPU to Azure ADLS Gen 2

Hi There, I have some PPU licenses and some Workflows and I would like to store the workflow output in ADLS Gen 2. When I try to connect Azure storage I get this message. I can use the save button, but nothing happens. 

MikeAinOz_0-1624401919111.png

My capacity looks like this, but what region is it in? 

MikeAinOz_1-1624402009797.png

3 REPLIES 3
MikeAinOz
Helper III
Helper III

It seems region was not the problem; it was permissions.

There were actually two problems:
    1/ The documentation does not cover permissions very well, this was a permissions problem
    2/ When the service fails to connect with a permissions problem, it does not give any message, that I could see.
ibarrau
Super User
Super User

Hi. The thing is that the Power Bi Region should match the storage account one. When I tested this as Pro (not ppu but I assume it's the same) I have first gone to Power Bi Service -> Three dots (options) -> Help & Support -> About Power Bi. There you will see your Region.

Then you can go to Azure portal and create your storage account in the same region. Be sure to enable "Hierarchical namespace" before creating the resource. Power Bi uses the lake gen2 with that options activated.

I hope that helps,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

Yeah, I pretty good with my home region as I specifically changed it to Australia East, it's the region of the premium capacity that I'm stuck on, do you know how to get that for a PPU capacity. The message shows it may not be the same as the tenant home region.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors