cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
zelman New Member

Connect PBI Service to AWS Snowflake

Hi all

We've got Power BI Service set up on Azure, and Snowflake is being set up on an AWS instance.  Is the On-Prem Data Gateway required to connect through?  Does it have to be set up on a VM in Azure, or can we put it on an EC2 on another AWS account?  Or is there anything that's managed by Azure (since our team is AWS focused, we don't really have any capability to support ongoing management and maintenance of Azure infrastructure)

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: Connect PBI Service to AWS Snowflake

Hi there

You would need a Gateway to connect from the Power BI Service to AWS.

The Gateway would need to be installed on a VM in AWS that would need to be able to connect outwards to the Power BI Service.

In terms of the connection, you should be able to use the Snowflake connector in Power BI Desktop.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
"Proud to be a Datanaut!"
Power BI Blog

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Super User
Super User

Re: Connect PBI Service to AWS Snowflake

Hi there

You would need a Gateway to connect from the Power BI Service to AWS.

The Gateway would need to be installed on a VM in AWS that would need to be able to connect outwards to the Power BI Service.

In terms of the connection, you should be able to use the Snowflake connector in Power BI Desktop.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
"Proud to be a Datanaut!"
Power BI Blog

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Ask Amir Anything

Exclusive LIVE Community Event No. 2 – Ask Amir Anything

Next in our Triple A series: Ask Amir Netz questions about the latest updates, features and future.

October 2019 Community Highlights

October 2019 Community Highlights

October was a busy month in the community. Read the recap article to learn about some of the events and content.

New Solution Badges

New Solution Badges

Two waves of brand new solution badges are coming! Read the article for more information on our new community badges.

Analytics in Azure virtual event

Analytics in Azure virtual event

Experience a limitless analytics service built to ingest, prep, manage, and serve data for immediate use in Power BI.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 86 members 1,407 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: