Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

admin_xlsior
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Connect CDM folder in Power BI Dataflow

Hello everyone,

It is regarding setup Power BI Dataflow using Azure Data Lake Storage Gen2 and CDM.

Does anyone can help me to figure out what I need to fill in the Common Data Model folder path when we "Attach a Common Data Model to new Data Flow" in PBIS ?

image.png

I created a new storage account which is a Azure DataLake Storage Gen2 and already "Grant Power BI permission" just like this doc : https://docs.microsoft.com/en-gb/power-bi/service-dataflows-connect-azure-data-lake-storage-gen2#gra...

What confuse me, the sample path is having "model.json" in the end of it. From where is it ? Can I put the ADLS file system End point like "https://xxxmycdm.dfs.core.windows.net/" ? but I cannot proceed to button Create and Attach, so I guess that is wrong.

Some resources sugesting to prepare something in Azure Databricks, but this is baffled me even more. So whether this is a must or there is more simpler way ?

Thanks in advance.

3 REPLIES 3
v-xuding-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @admin_xlsior ,

The path is automatically generated when you configure the workspace dataflow storage. That you need to fill in is the same as it in the picture. It needs to contain "model.json". 

1.jpg

There are the related documents you can reference.

Add a CDM folder to Power BI as a dataflow (Preview)

Configure workspace dataflow settings (Preview)

Best Regards,

Xue Ding

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,
Xue Ding
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi,

Thanks but the point is the ADLS storage and the file not coming from PBIS Dataflow. As mentioned, it is created and populated (the file) by Azure Datafactory.

did you still have thisissue?

I'm trying to connect to my owndata lake storage too, and its not working

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors