Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

PeterSigurdson
Frequent Visitor

Connect 2 Tables in Web Service Power BI?

I am teaching students about Power BI. The IT department will not give me the admin password for the lab computers, and Power BI Desktop does not appear to have an Install Option for The User Only (Suggestion!!!)

Is there a way I can setup some exercises involving connecting 2 tables as can easily be done in Desktop?

(Also, I want to upgrade my account to PRO - the instructions do not work/track to what I see on screen to purchase a subscription)

Peter Sigurdson

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi guavaq,

In the end, I found out that I needed to make myself a 365 Admin of my own account

took about 2.5 hours to dig through, including finding out how to get into my Gmail (petersigurdson.net) to set a TXT file in the DNS for my google domain which is hosted by GODADDY.

I teach Networking. I am not sure what Microsoft's vision is for how a "regular" user is supposed to manage this.

Anyway, I have my power bi pro account now --thanks! for all your advice.

And the idea about Power BI Desktop via App Store is GREAT!  Got my learners going superbly!  Again - thanks!

The power and capacity to generate detailed reports with PowerBI is awesome. I could never get students this interested in Excel. Students were climbing over each other to show their friends new data visualizations they had found.

Happy Future Power BI Analysts at Pures College, Toronto!Happy Future Power BI Analysts at Pures College, Toronto!

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors