Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jeremyfirth
Advocate II
Advocate II

Confused about what qualifies as "Power BI Pro content"

I love Power Query and Powerpivot. They have changed my whole workflow. So I have really been looking forward to the major rollout of Power BI.

I finally got the chance today to use Power BI, and I've hit a roadblock: I have created a dashboard for a co-worker, but when I tried to share it with him, I got a warning that states "This dashboard contains Power BI Pro content. Only users that have Power BI Pro will have access to it."

If I can't share my dashboards with coworkers without them being Power BI Pro users, I'm pretty much dead in the water. Also, there's no indication I can see as to exactly which content is for Power BI Pro users only. I'd like to at least know so that I can see if it's possible to remove it, then share my dashboard.

What's the story?

23 REPLIES 23
spiderrob
Advocate III
Advocate III

I'm confused about this also now. There is no mention anywhere of Pro only content - there is in relation to functionality which is understandable.

I wonder if something is currently going wrong as I do have a pro licence and I'm now seeing the message on one of my dashboards on my iPhone??

@spiderrob I do got a similar message on my iPad inspite of having a Power BI Pro account.

WP_20150729_001.jpg

I don't understand exactly which account to update and where 

Yes, that is the same message I'm seeing on both ipad & iphone. I have a pro licence but it is the original Office 365/Power BI one - I thought these were migrated across??

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors