Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Confused about 100TB Storage with Premium

Apperantly I have 100 TB with my P1 Premium node. I see my Memory and CPU usage in metrics, but nothing about how much storage I'm using. I'm setting up incremental refresh, and want to know the impact of it. I assumed incremental refresh was loaded to memory when I publish a report, and then stored in storage. Do I have that wrong? Am I going to fill up my 25GB memory with all my large incremental refreshed reports? Where do I access how much storage I'm using? (Never doing to get close to 100 TB, but am curious). 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there

The storage component is for when you are either uploading your PBIX files or dataflows.

When you are loading data that is being used in reports it is stored in memory. It is only saved to disk when it is evicted from Power BI Premium.

If you click Mange Group Storage on the App Workspace where you are running Power BI Premium it will then show you what is consuming the storage

image.png

image.png

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
alexgor87
Advocate II
Advocate II

@GilbertQ Sorry, I was also looking for Premium Capacity storage usage metrics, and i'm a bit confused here.
As documentation says: "Workspace storage usage is shown as 0 if the workspace is assigned to a Premium capacity", and if I go to Settings->Mange Group Storage - it shows 0.

And also the screenshot above shows "9mb of 100Gb", but the Premium Storage is 100Tb (not Gb).

So the question is still the same - Is there a metric in Power BI Service showing "X from 100Tb used" of Premium Capacity?
Thanks!

Hi @alexgor87 

As far as I know I am not sure where to find the total storage capacity for Premium Storage.

You could vote for an idea at https://ideas.powerbi.com

Power BI Blog

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there

The storage component is for when you are either uploading your PBIX files or dataflows.

When you are loading data that is being used in reports it is stored in memory. It is only saved to disk when it is evicted from Power BI Premium.

If you click Mange Group Storage on the App Workspace where you are running Power BI Premium it will then show you what is consuming the storage

image.png

image.png

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors