Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Shr_18
Frequent Visitor

Configuring One Drive business with On premise gateway

Hi Everyone !

I have installed a On premise gateway ( standard) and i am trying to add data sources with it. We generally get data from our client through our one drive business and thus we want to link One drive business to our on prermise gateway. When i am trying to configure for addition, i am asked for username and password. I enter the username and password of the one drive with which i access that one drive. But it is showing me error of invalid credentials or AccessForbidden. 

What username and password am i supposed to enter for the purpose of this confguration?

one drive error.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Shr_18,

Please refer to the online document about Configuring scheduled refresh. Schedule refresh can be done bi Power BI service side, and power BI premium is not required.

Regards,

Frank

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
russellclaude
Frequent Visitor

how do I build a oneDrive connection to begin with? Thanks.

russellclaude
Frequent Visitor

So, what data/connection type do I need to establish to create a OneDrive data source to begin with?

v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Shr_18,

To use a OneDrive for Business file as a data source in the Power BI service, with Service Refresh enabled for that file, make sure you select OAuth2 as the Authentication method when configuring your refresh settings. Otherwise, you may encounter an error (such as Failed to update data source credentials) when you attempt to connect or to refresh. Selecting OAuth2 as the authentication method remedies that credentials error. By the way, for the data source OneDrive for business, as I know, the gateway is not required. You can configure the data refersh in Power BI service directly.

Regards,

Frank

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.

Hey @v-frfei-msft,

Just to confirm, do you mean "schedule refresh", when you say service request ? 

Does schedule refresh can only be done through power BI report server which require a power BI premium backing ?

Thanks

Best Regards

Hi @Shr_18,

Please refer to the online document about Configuring scheduled refresh. Schedule refresh can be done bi Power BI service side, and power BI premium is not required.

Regards,

Frank

Hi @Shr_18,

Does that make sense? If so, kindly mark my answer as the solution to close the case please. Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Frank

Thanks ton for your help Frank. It really helped me a lot and everything worked as i expected it to work. 🙂

Hi @v-frfei-msft,

Thank you so much for your response. Yes i researched yesterday and came to know that one do not require gateway for one drive business as data source and refresh. I was trying the one drive autorefresh to refresh my dataset and visual. I will also try service refresh. Thank you so much for your suggestion. 

Best regards

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors