Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jhlim
Regular Visitor

Configure SharePoint Database Refresh in Microsoft Team

My PowerBi Desktop had updated to version August 2021 and I had published the completed dashboard into my Microsoft Team's workspace. I went to the setting to configure database refresh, there are only Anonymous and OAuth2 authentication methods available. I tried all the authentication methods, but none of it working.

I was still unable to refresh the database from Microsoft Team via Sharepoint List. May I know how I can refresh successfully thru Microsoft Team or is there any alternative resolution?

Thank you.

2021-08-14_20-20-57.jpg2021-08-14_20-14-41.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
jhlim
Regular Visitor

Hi All,

Thank you all for the advice. I have found out the root cause. When I trying to edit credentials from Microsoft Team's workspace, the sign-in window will not trigger.

To solve this, I log on to Power BI Website and edit credentials from there. The sign-in window will trigger and I was able to select the credential accordingly.

Thanks again for the helps.
2021-08-18_15-28-40.jpg

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
jhlim
Regular Visitor

Hi All,

Thank you all for the advice. I have found out the root cause. When I trying to edit credentials from Microsoft Team's workspace, the sign-in window will not trigger.

To solve this, I log on to Power BI Website and edit credentials from there. The sign-in window will trigger and I was able to select the credential accordingly.

Thanks again for the helps.
2021-08-18_15-28-40.jpg

v-yangliu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @jhlim ,

According to your error, it seems that you cannot provide all the credentials for datsource. Please check and provide the correct credentials.

1. In power Bi services, enter the report's workspace, find the gear button in the top right corner, select the settings in it, and find the dataset. A list will appear in the list, which contains the datasets of the reports that you have encountered problems
2. By clicking the data set, find the part of data source credentials on the right, check whether the data source fails, and a circle will be displayed

This is the related document, you can view this content:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/PowerBI-not-updating-in-PBI-Online/td-p/408156

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/connect-data/service-gateway-enterprise-manage-scheduled-r...

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/PBI-Service-Refresh/td-p/1649488

Best Regards,

Liu Yang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

arvindsingh802
Super User
Super User

Please use SharePoint Online List as a source and then develope your report

in Authentication please use OAuth2 authentication.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution, Appreciate your Kudos!

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution, Appreciate your Kudos!!
Proud to be a Super User!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors