cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mgladden_spi

Configure Dataset Refresh Notification Email

Apologies in advance if this question has already been asked and answered.

We have a few datasets that exist in multiple workspaces.  From time to time one of the dataset refreshes will fail and we receive the dataset refresh failure notice.  Because there are multiple copies of the same dataset, the challenge is knowing which workspace the failure occurred in.  The default email does not include this information.  Does anyone know of a way to configure the email notification to indicate the workspace where the failure took place?  I am aware that we can create a single dataset that is shared with all reports.  The preference at this time is to modify the notification email and resolve the datasets in the future.

I'm open to ideas that will move this forward.

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
az38
Super User II
Super User II

@mgladden_spi  I voted for too

do not hesitate to give a kudo to useful posts and mark solutions as solution
LinkedIn
mgladden_spi

I found a similar idea already suggested in the ideas website for customization of notifications.  I added a comment to this item as well.  https://ideas.powerbi.com/ideas/idea/?ideaid=f30e64c3-56a4-491d-9fde-bc00172ac32f

mgladden_spi

Thank you @az38 

az38
Super User II
Super User II

Hi @mgladden_spi 

I think, unfortunately, there is no such option to customize email notification so far

You can create an appropriate idea here https://ideas.powerbi.com/ideas/

do not hesitate to give a kudo to useful posts and mark solutions as solution
LinkedIn

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI User Groups

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Get Ready for Power BI Dev Camp

Power BI Dev Camp - June 24th

Mark your calendars and join us for our next Power BI Dev Camp!

Top Solution Authors