Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

eotfox
Frequent Visitor

Conditional formatting Cards lost after pinning to dashboard

I have created reports with card visuals using conditional formatting which works well.   However when I pin the cards to dashboards, the conditional formatting  is lost.  I have tested both "Use destination theme" and "Keep Current Theme" with no difference.   Is this by design?   If so I don't understand why it wouldn't carry over to the dashboard.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-lili6-msft
Community Support
Community Support

hi, @eotfox 

It seems that it is by design, and refer to this document:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-dashboard-themes

Best Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
JFAR49ER
Frequent Visitor

Hi Eotfox,
If part of your conditional formatting is to set a colour background you could try using a table visual with a single value rather than a card.
Use the table visual, go to edit the visual, go to Cell elements and you can set conditional formatting for the background colour of the cell. 
This will allow the conditional formatting to be pinned to the dashboard. It may not be as nice looking as card visual but for functionality it works. 

JFAR49ER_0-1673361112965.png

Artefact
Helper II
Helper II

Use the "advance card" custom visual instead of the default PBI card. Then everything works fine, altough you may have to format the color again using the options of this card type. But all the formating is transferred correctly when you pin the card on a dashboard.

Pinning the default card is a total mess.....

v-lili6-msft
Community Support
Community Support

hi, @eotfox 

It seems that it is by design, and refer to this document:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-dashboard-themes

Best Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thank you for your response and that is an interesting read - I still feel like it a development issue not to be able to transfer conditional formatting to the dashboard.  Theme is disconnected from conditional formatting at the report level with Cards, color bars etc.  It is a whole other level of "communication" and should also be available on the dashboard.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors