Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Elston

Conditional Formatting in Clustered Column Chart

Hi All,

I am using Cluster Column Chart to compare Actual vs Target in Revenue and would like to apply conditional formatting to the "Actual" columns such that it will be green if Actual >= Target and red if Actual < Target.

X Axis - Country

Y Axis - Actual

Y Axis - Target

However, I am unable to find the "fx" button under Columns to apply the conditional formatting. I am currently using the April 2022 version. Is there another way to apply the conditional formatting? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

see attached. I cheated by separating the scenarios into different columns Then I cheated again by arranging the value fields in a certain order.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Elston

Sample data:

CountryActualTarget

APAC

China3330
Japan1920
India/SA1110
ANZ1310
Korea1820
SEA1920
TW2520

Clustered Column Chart:

Elston_1-1652844932272.png

Would like to have Actual that are more than the corresponding Target to be in green and red when lower than the corresponding Target, i.e. columns of APAC, China, TW & ANZ to remain green and the columns of Japan, SEA and Korea to be in red.

Like this?

lbendlin_0-1652899979318.png

Yes, this will work. May I know how did you achieve this as i am wondering whether it will be feasible for a huge data set (without doing much manual adjustment to the data set, or none at all if possible)?

see attached. I cheated by separating the scenarios into different columns Then I cheated again by arranging the value fields in a certain order.

Guess this works. Thank you! 👍

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

You may need separate Actual series. Please provide sanitized sample data that fully covers your issue.

Please show the expected outcome based on the sample data you provided.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors