Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

UncleLewis
Helper V
Helper V

Conditional Format Does Not Display on Filled Map

Hi,

Using Power BI Desktop 2.78...

I created a US Map with Population change

I setup conditional formatting to show states with low rate as light grey and states with high change as black.

However, when I publish the report to my workspace, I cannot see the conditional format?

What do I need to do to include the conditional format?

Thanks

-w

6 REPLIES 6
v-lionel-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @UncleLewis ,

"However, when I publish the report to my workspace, I cannot see the conditional format?"

Was your report file created under version 2.78?

Or was the report file created under an earlier version but conditional formatting was added under version 2.78?

If it is the former, please create support ticket .

If it is the latter, please recreate it with version 2.78, which is the fastest way.

Best regards,
Lionel Chen

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks Lionel,

I created on Desktop version 2.76.5678.782 (~12/18/2019)

I tried to publish the Report to the Service on 2/20/2020, 2 days after the new desktop version was released

I did update desktop on 2/18/2020.

Thanks

-w

KBO
MVP

@UncleLewisThe formatting works in the Desktop but it doesent work in the Power BI Service? Can you take a look into the report in the Power BI Service and check if the fomatting is in the visual?

Formatting.jpg

Best,

Kathrin

Hi Kathrin,

My screen looks slightly different than yours.

I assume it becase we are using different types of visualizations for the conditional format.

Thanks,

-w

PowerBICondiFormat.png

Hi, no it's the same there are only more ways to to that :). May be than it's a bug but only MSFT can tell. Best Kathrin

Thanks Kathrin,

Yes, works on Desktop, but stops working when I Publish to my workspace

I tried to edit the report in the workspace and I entered the same conditional formats that I did in Desktop. All states appear to have same hue/tint of grey where in the desktop it is easy to see the differences by state where the population change is negative to low as compared to higher percentage change (black)

See my blog post on how to create the desktop version of the filled map.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors