Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Composite report publishing error: "unable to find a gateway"

Hi there! We are unable to use this cool preview feature. Please look at the below screenshots.

The weird thing is that when we publish the same .pbix without the DirectQuery tables we have no problem, it publishes ok (the tables come from the same data source: a database in an sql server; so i guess it is not a permissions issue.)

#1 - Publishing composite model error.#1 - Publishing composite model error.#2 - In the server, display error for every visual.#2 - In the server, display error for every visual.#3 - In the server, error message.#3 - In the server, error message.#4 - Publishing the same .pbix, with the same data source, without DirectQuery tables.#4 - Publishing the same .pbix, with the same data source, without DirectQuery tables.

#5 - Obviously the Composite Models preview feature is enabled.#5 - Obviously the Composite Models preview feature is enabled.

Regards.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the help @v-shex-msft!

At last! I´ve found and resolved the issue. You were right, the gateway was not correctly configured. I built several composite models with a single data source (so test1.pbix had only Server1 as data source, test2.pbix had only Server2 as data source, etc.) and I published them. One gave me the error..., because that data source was not included in the gateway. 

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors