Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Composite model premium capacity

Hi all,

I am facing an issue when publishing my composite model to premium capacity. The model (or the relationships in the model) do not work when the datset is published to premium, however, the report works fine when published to my workspace or a shared workspace.

Does anyone know why this is? Is it a bug?

Thanks

Mike

2 REPLIES 2
nickyvv
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi Mike,

can you clarify what you mean with the model does not work? Is the refresh not working? Are you not able to query it?

And which Premium SKU do you have?

Do you (or the Power BI Admin) see anything strange in the Premium Metrics App?

The engine for shared and Premium capacity is the same, so that shouldn't be an issue.

Did I answer your question? Then please mark my post as a solution!
My blog: nickyvv.com

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Blog: nickyvv.com | @NickyvV

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, sorry for the poor explanation.

The refresh is working in the service, but once the model refreshes it loses the relationships between the fact and dimension tables. The screenshots explain this better. There is a screenshot of the model in desktop (where the values are populated for each DEPT_TXT) and there is a screenshot of the model in the service (where the values are not being populated).

The model diagram is attached.

The import aggregate table contains about 3 million records, the direct query fact table contains around 30 million records and the product dimension table contains about 600k.

Thanks

MikeModel diagramModel diagramModel in power bi desktopModel in power bi desktopModel in power bi serviceModel in power bi service

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors