Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

prill2ta
Advocate II
Advocate II

Composite Model with two Power BI datasets not viewable by anyone but me

Hello, 

None of our viewers, members, or contributers can see visuals in my new composite model that is comprised of two uniqute Power BI datasets. 

Even when I promote someone to Admin status, they are unable to see anything. 

We are using a Premium backed workspace.  Build permissions have been granted to all datasets. I am still the only account able to view data in the reports. 

The error is as follows: 

ouldn't load the data for this visual

Couldn't retrieve the data for this visual. Please try again later.

7 REPLIES 7
v-janeyg-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @prill2ta 

Have your problem been solved?

According to your description, I need to confirm a few questions:

Is only the data in one specific visual in this report not displayed? Or whole report? Or whole workspace content can't display?

You need to first check whether it is not connected to the gateway and whether it can be refreshed normally.

What type of data source is? Whether there is permission setting on the data source side? It needs to be unified with PBI.

If it doesn’t solve your problem, please feel free to ask me.

Best Regards

Janey Guo

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I am still having this issue. 

My viewers can see all visuals except visuals with data from the added Power BI Dataset. 

When I publish the composite model to the service, the lineage view points to Analysis Services.

Is this why my users can not see the data? How do I solve this?

@Greg_Deckler do you have any ideas?

Hi, @prill2ta 

If you take the answer of someone, please mark it as the solution to help the other members who have same problems find it more quickly. If not, let me know and I'll try to help you further. Thanks.

Best Regards

Janey Guo

Hi, @prill2ta 

If you have a AS data source, you need to map user name,otherwise users can't see the data.

Reference: Manage your data source - Analysis Services - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Best Regards

Janey Guo

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Try having your users "install"  the app that hosts the other datasets.

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Are you sharing this via app?

Yes. And I've also tried sharing the workspace directly. I get the same results either way.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors