Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Karan_9650
Frequent Visitor

Composite Model schedule refresh

We are trying to create a composite model using Azure Analysis Service source i.e. a pre-existing model. This model has Calculated table using Union and Direct Query sources from multiple models. When we try to schedule it for refresh, it won't refresh and gives a Single Sign-in error. Please let us know how to make it work. Please note, when we try to refresh manually, it works fine. Please let us know how to make this work or if there is a work around for the same. Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @GilbertQ  

Unfortunately that is not working for a report with composite models. I have the same problem @Karan_9650 described. The disable SSO options in the Advanced settings on the gateway dataset configuration does not exists for Analysis Services, so we cannot disable it from there as we can do with SQL Server connection for example.

Finally @v-kkf-msft, i have the latest version of the On-Premise Data Gateway, i have logged in with the same account but still i am getting the same error as @Karan_9650 described.

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @Karan_9650 

I am not 100% sure if you can combine a calculated table with DirectQuery with a composite model to get it to refresh succesfully.

The only thing that I can think of is to make sure all data sources go via the Gateway?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Hi Gilbert, thanks for the help, we did move forward with the Gateway approach but while trying to connect a gateway for analysis services, we are receiving an error as follows "on-premises data gateway's service account failed to impersonate the user".
We are sure that the credentials are right. I feel that due to analysis services we are facing this problem, and we are struggling with the solution for this. 

We are attaching a screenshot for reference. Please let us know if there is a wayout.
-Thanks

Karan_9650_0-1632203783345.pngKaran_9650_1-1632204086666.png

Hi @Karan_9650 ,

This looks as if your gateway is not configured correctly.

vkkfmsft_0-1632471406639.png

Please install the latest version of the gateway: https://powerbi.microsoft.com/gateway/ . And then log into the gateway using the account that is currently logged into the Power BI Service.

sign in.png   acc.png

If the problem is still not resolved, please provide detailed error information or the expected result you expect. Let me know immediately, looking forward to your reply.

Best Regards,
Winniz

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @Karan_9650 

For Azure Analysis Services you should be able to configure this under the Data Source Settings?

GilbertQ_0-1632282547324.png

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors