Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Composite Model Down!! Model will not load on any reports

This afternoon (12:30pm EST) one of my data models when down. It is a composite model; other models are fine. I was not refreshing the report at the time it went down. One second it was working, the next it wasn't. Visuals simply will not load.

I am able to duplicate the file and upload it to the service. The duplicated file works on the service. However, all of my reports are tied to the original and it would take a very long time to rebuild...

When I try uploaded the report to replace the version, it takes far longer than usual. When it finally succeeds, all fields are missing when I create a report using the model. It is still broken.

I have seen two errors so far:

Couldn't retrieve the data for this visual. Please try again later.
Please try again later or contact support. If you contact support, please provide these details.

Activity ID8ecfd674-b674-4ba0-8a05-bd8610dd03b4
Request ID40cf879a-d46c-c3e2-c631-257eec464184
Correlation ID718244af-f840-02c5-4fc7-c2b268ccbb41
TimeFri May 31 2019 13:11:12 GMT-0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)
Version13.0.9551.142

Couldn't load the model schema associated with this report. Make sure you have a connection to the server, and try again.
Please try again later or contact support. If you contact support, please provide these details.
Activity ID8ecfd674-b674-4ba0-8a05-bd8610dd03b4
Request ID82f40861-bb1e-d6d9-abfe-c9073603e2f4
Correlation ID1ef80f42-ee26-5c3c-5836-8dc0c8c7ceaa
TimeFri May 31 2019 13:19:36 GMT-0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)
Version13.0.9551.142
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

To conclude, Power Bi had an internal issue. They reached out with a permanent solution and took proactive measure to avoid the issue in the future. The support team responded effectively.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @Anonymous ,

If I understand your scenario correctly that you cannot load the report which is wiith composite model in Power BI Service.

If so, I cannot reproduce your issue by my test.

Please have a test, if you create a new composite model report in Power BI Desktop and publish it to Power BI Service, will it load successfully?

In addition, please clear the cache and the cookie of your browser and try again.

Best  Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-piga-msft ,

It seems the problem resolved itself after several hours of downtime. There must have been an internal issue at the Microsoft datacenter. I will follow up further if it recurrs.

Thanks

MCKery

Anonymous
Not applicable

To conclude, Power Bi had an internal issue. They reached out with a permanent solution and took proactive measure to avoid the issue in the future. The support team responded effectively.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors