Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

sperry
Resolver I
Resolver I

Comms going out to external users even if Send email notification is unflagged

We have several reports we provide to an external provider by using the 'External user' function in our O365 environment.

If I 'Share' using PowerBI online it send an email out even though I unflag the 'Send email notification to recipients' option.

I use the 'Embed in SharePoint Online as we do not want people to access the PowerBI Online environment. This goes to an Executive Leadership Team and really need to stop the comms going out. Is this a known bug and if so is there a workaround? This is getting urgent as we progress through a Business Intelligence strategy rollout!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-xicai
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @sperry ,

Your demand is a good idea, while it is not supported to implement in Power BI currently. You can post your new idea in Idea Forum , to improve the Power BI.

It is a place for customers provide feedback about Microsoft Office products . What’s more, if a feedback is high voted there by other customers, it will be promising that Microsoft Product Team will take it into consideration when designing the next version in the future.

Best Regards,

Amy

Community Support Team _ Amy

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-xicai
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @sperry ,

From the Microsoft Product team, we know that this is by design. We need to send an invitation to the external users. When they accept this invitation, they will be added a guest member in the tenant.

The "Send email" checkbox on share pane controls the email notification regarding the shared report/dashboard to members of the tenant. It does not control the guest invitations.

Best Regards,

Amy

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks for the reply

I'm sorry but if this is by design then it's stupid IF you don't add a control to stop these comms for the guest members. I do not want any comms going out to an exec team who are guests in our environment! Is this an enhancement that I can vote for?

Or have I mis-read the 'solution'?

S

v-xicai
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @sperry ,

Your demand is a good idea, while it is not supported to implement in Power BI currently. You can post your new idea in Idea Forum , to improve the Power BI.

It is a place for customers provide feedback about Microsoft Office products . What’s more, if a feedback is high voted there by other customers, it will be promising that Microsoft Product Team will take it into consideration when designing the next version in the future.

Best Regards,

Amy

v-xicai
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @sperry ,

I have reported this issue internally, will update here once I get any information.

Best Regards,

Amy

Has anyone posted an idea for this so that we can vote for it.

This feaure is very much required, rather I will say corrected 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors