Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

marcusearly
Advocate II
Advocate II

Comments - Tagging Users - Incomplete List

Hello,

When attempting to tag users in the new comment feature, I cannot get to some common names. "@Hrdlicka,XXX" will bring up the correct user name:

Phil.PNG

When we use a more common name, like "Hamilton,K", we only get the first 10 options in the directory and have no way to scroll down. Completing the name doesnt offer any names from the directory if its not in the top 10 alphabatized. Is anyone else having this issue or is this unique to my organization? Typing their email address with an "@" at the beginning doesnt seem to work either.

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi marcusearly,

I have made a test on your issue but couldn't reproduce it. Typing a "@" then type alias can locate the user account. So it works well on my side. If this feature still works not so good on your side, could you show some sample user name which can't be located automatically?

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

Capture.PNGCapture.PNG

Thanks Jimmy,

"@hamilton,katherine" does not currently work for me. "@hamilton, katherine" does not currently work for me. Her Name is setup in our directory as "Hamilton,Katherine,ST LOUIS,Supply Chain Business Intelligence". Is there a way to reference her by her email address?

When I type "@Hamilton" I get the first ten users in my directory and nothing further. The moment I add a comma and start a first name, all options disappear. (second image)

Thanks,

Marcus

Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated. We have a similar situation when updating users and publishing an app but in that interface can get around it by typing the users email address which connects to the directory and gets around this issue. Unfortunately comments werent developed the same way. Thanks!

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am having the same issue as well. Please limit this to only the people who has access to the workspace only

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors