Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

fanisgeorg
Helper II
Helper II

Comment Sharing in PBI Services

Hello all

I have created a report in the PBI desktop where I included a text box for the users to provide comments.

Is there a way that these comments can be also updated by the users in the PBI Services? Idealy is there a way that I can have the text box open for editing in the PBI servies but the rest of the visuals and tables locked so they users do not ruin the report.

Thanks

FG

No worrriiies

2 REPLIES 2
v-alq-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @fanisgeorg 

I'd like to suggest you use the Comments feature for end users to provide comments in Power BI service. Comments can be added to an entire dashboard, to individual visuals on a dashboard, to a report page, to a paginated report, and to individual visuals on a report page. Add a general comment or a comment targeted at specific colleagues.

When end users add a comment to a report, Power BI captures the current filter and slicer values. This means that when you select or respond to a comment, the report page or report visual may change to show you the filter and slicer selections that were active when the comment was first added.

For further information, you may refer to the following link.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/consumer/end-user-comment

Best Regards

Allan

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there

You can certainly do this with a PowerApp, which could write the data back into an Excel file, which could then be read.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors