Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

mmace1
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Combining reports from different tenants

I don't think this is possible, but just checking:

We have a parent organization. Their databases etc. are all completely separate from ours, and they have their own power BI tenant.

• To see some reports, people have to login to the parent Org's tenant
  • To see other reports, people have to login to the child Org's tenant

The request was - "Can't we just go to one place?"

I think...no, unless we start ingesting each other's data, and put all reporting in either the parent org's tenant, or the child org's tenant.

But, am I'm missing some possibility?

3 REPLIES 3
StefanoGrimaldi
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

this topic was reviewed in another community: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Developer/Share-and-use-datasets-from-different-tenants/m-p/1359480...

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! / Did it help? Give some Kudos!

Proud to be a Super User!

@StefanoGrimaldi  ha - I know.  If you check, I actually am the last person to reply to that thread (as I found it when searching, before posting my own question). 

It seemed to be without a solid conclusion (plus over a year old), is why I posted my own question. 

you can connect to dataflow from another tenant and give the credentials to the gateway, option 2 its to migrate the whole tenant to the another meaning merge both tenant, or create all dataflows using azure datalake and data factory to compile data from across all organizations extracting it via data factory, normally if the acquisition meaning that you have both company under a same management moving all to a single tenant takes time and coordination but its better on the long run you can have 2 different domain under the same tenant in case of needed 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! / Did it help? Give some Kudos!

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors