Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Wolle

Combining item sales with sales made in assembly orders

Hi

I am a novice in Power BI, so maybe this is no problem at all, but I haven't been able to figure it out.

I want to combine the sales of all my items for actual item sales and sales made via assembly orders.

For example: I have an item called 79300, that is both a single item and also is part of a kit (an assembly order). I want to combine the sales of both options in a table.

Is that possible?

//Kim

3 REPLIES 3
v-xicai
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Wolle ,

You can create a calculated table using DAX below .

New table= UNION( VALUES([Item]), VALUES([assembly order]))

If I misunderstood it, could you please share your sample data and desired output screenshots for further analysis? You can also upload sample pbix to OneDrive and post the link here. Do mask sensitive data before uploading.

Best Regards,

Amy

Community Support Team _ Amy

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi

Thanks for your reply. Is it true that DAX can only be used in Power BI Desktop? I only have the web version..

//Kim

v-xicai
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Wolle ,

The DAX can be only used in Power BI Desktop currently. You may download your pbix file from the report page in Power BI Service, then open it and try to create this calculated table using formula above in Power BI Desktop.

16.png

Best Regards,

Amy

Community Support Team _ Amy

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors