Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

mohsin12

Combining Excel Files hosted on a SharePoint folder with Power BI

I have a SharePoint folder that we’ve created where we store some sales data that do not come from our system. These files are provided by a 3rd party in order to give us a better understanding of the whole market and how well some products are doing in each market. Here are a few remarks about our case:

Each of these files has only 1 month of data  we’ll have a file for January with just 1 sheet in it that will have all of the data for January.

These are all Excel files living a happy life in SharePoint – we get these files via email from the provider or can add by ourselves and then store them in our Office 365 folder or group every month.

All of the files have the same structure, but different sheet names – all of the files only have 1 sheet and all of them have the same headers, but in a real case scenario, I connect all of these files via Dataflows in Power Bi service then connect Power Bi Desktop with this DataFlow and create a report and publish to the Power Bi Service so if add something or do modification in the existence sheet it works ok but when I add the new excel file to that folder and refresh the Dataflow it's can't refresh and give me an error like this 

Error: Expression.Error: The key didn't match any rows in the table. Request ID: 54de1ee2-8843-6928-8736-9834730c349d Activity ID: 2f88337d-c9fb-4930-b4b2-43b5c853169c

Kindly Help 

Thanks in Advanced 

1 REPLY 1
AnkitKukreja
Super User
Super User

Hi! @mohsin12 

It would be worthwhile checking whether the last file had the same format or not. Try editing your Dataflow and remove this file and re-add it back to see if you get this error again. If you do then the file format is not correct.

If my response has successfully addressed your question or concern, I kindly request that you mark this post as resolved. Additionally, if you found my assistance helpful, a thumbs-up would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Ankit Kukreja
www.linkedin.com/in/ankit-kukreja1904

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors