Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

scaflisch

Combine Two Datasets and Use in Waterfall Chart

I am very new to this service, so I do appologize if some of my terminology is incorrect.

What I want to do is create a cumulative chart (using waterfall chart) of our clients and how many employees we have with them, and show the growth of our employee base. The data is on Salesforce, and I have created two reports, one for additions and another for subtractions. Both reports have a date field (Started Service or Ended Service) and the amount of employees (+ value for additions and - value for ssubtractions. I have had success with making a waterfall chart with the additions, but when I try to put the loss data in the y-axis, I am not allowed.

Lookingn to see if this is possible for a waterfall chart, or if I have to combine the data on Power BI, where the date fields are associated with a gain or loss in employees.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@scaflisch

We are not able to add more than one field to Y-axis of Waterfall chart, please review this official document about creating Waterfall chart. In your scenario, you would need to model the data that represents employees headcount in a single field.

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@scaflisch

We are not able to add more than one field to Y-axis of Waterfall chart, please review this official document about creating Waterfall chart. In your scenario, you would need to model the data that represents employees headcount in a single field.

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors