Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Color codes in KPI not reflecting in Dashboard tiles

I have a report with KPI and the same one is stick in the dashboard also. When i change the Color code option from LOW is Better from HIGH is better. The color code in the report gets changed but same time it is not reflecting on the dashboard tiles.

The same thing is happening in the Funnel chart also. When i maked the label as WHITE color, the pinned visual will not show the White but displays as BLACK (which is default color).

We have to remove and repin the tile to get it reflected.

Please fix it.

5 REPLIES 5
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

This is expected. The dashboard tile will update after dataset is refreshed instead of visual settings. See the limitation from this article

If the original visualization used to create the tile changes, the tile doesn't change. For example, if you pinned a line chart from a report and then you changed the line chart to a bar chart, the dashboard tile continues to show a line chart. The data refreshes, but the visualization type does not.

In your scenario, you can pin a live page which contains KPI visual from the report to the dashboard to workaround the issue. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Okay .. as you mentioned for the KPI's this is the functionality, then fine. How about the Funnel Chart, i have set the color as White and Green as Background for the Bars in Funnel chart. But when i pinned it to the dashboard it is showing same background color for bars, but Data label color is getting changed to Black from White.

Can you plz verify on this.

Hi @Anonymous,

Do you mean you set colors below for the Funnel chart in the report? 

q2.PNG

Based on my test, it displays the same color in the dashboard tile. Please check if there any dashboard theme used in your dashboard. 

q3.PNG

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I see what you have done, Belive me i too have done the same thing but the result is not the same. Can we schedule a desktop sharing session to debug and fix the issue which i am facing.

Meanwhile can you add a slicer to your report and repin your report, do change the default color to some other custom color before your repin.. this might recreate the issue.

Thanks,

Kishore S

Hi @Anonymous,

Would you please record a small video to reproduce the issue? Also please provide a sample pbix file. 

Due to the policy, we can't remote to your desktop. Thanks for your understanding. Smiley Happy

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors