Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Collaboration in PBI Pro

What do I need to enable collaboration on PBI ? I would like to do this with other members in my team. which tools I need Power BI Premium or Pro? Should everyone in the team have to have license?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-lionel-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

1. deploment pipelines

License: Premium(The app workspaces need to be located in premium capacity.)

Introduction to deployment pipelines (preview) 

2. App workspace

Licnese: Pro(Everyone in the team must have a Pro licnese.)

Organize work in the new workspaces in Power BI 

Best regards,
Lionel Chen

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-lionel-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

1. deploment pipelines

License: Premium(The app workspaces need to be located in premium capacity.)

Introduction to deployment pipelines (preview) 

2. App workspace

Licnese: Pro(Everyone in the team must have a Pro licnese.)

Organize work in the new workspaces in Power BI 

Best regards,
Lionel Chen

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

- have a git repository where you store the .pbit files your developers are working on

- Communicate, communicate, communicate.  While a sharepoint check out/check in process might work for smaller pbix files it is not workable for normal sized files. Instead developers need to talk to each other constantly "I have the file now" "I am done and have committed my changes" "if you plan to work on the file download the latest version from git first"  etc.

If your developers mess up and overwrite each other's work - go back to step 1.

Have a look at the ALM toolkit. While its git integration is lacking it does give you a bit of wiggle room for collaboration and selective meta data updates. You will value that a lot in the worst case scenario - multiple developers and an incremental refresh data source.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors