Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

najbarajo
Regular Visitor

Cloud Power BI Report Server Execution Log

Hi,

I'm relatively new to Power BI and am looking to try and replicate similar datasets to those that I have previously created with on-premise SSRS instances, namely getting data out of the ExecutionLog views and linking to other tables in the ReportServer database.

Our Power BI app/service is not on-premise so I assume that it's not possible for me to get this data in any way apart from the built in usage metrics reports, however i'm struggling to find anything that definitvely says that this is the case.

So my question is, is it possible to get to this data if you have a 'cloud' installation of Power BI and if so, how?

Thanks

Neil

3 REPLIES 3
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there

If you install the Power BI Premium metrics App you will be able to see the logs from there.

Here are more details on what you can get from the Power BI Premium Metrics App

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-admin-premium-monitor-capacity

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Thanks GilbertQ.

Unfortunately it seems that we don't have Premium, only Pro. Does that rule out geting access to the data?

Thanks

Hi there

If you are running Paginated reports in the Power BI Service, and there is a diamond next to the App workspace then you are running Power BI Premium.

If you do not have Power BI Premium then you will not be able to run Paginated reports. Which means access to the execution log.

If you are looking for the details of what users are doing, you can use the Office 365 Audit log to extract this?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors