Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Choosing the right Power Bi Premium server

Hi all,

I need some advices on the right Power Bi Premium server package to choose. I have a huge dataset and I'm afraid the power Bi premium pricing calculator do not reflect my reality. 

I have only 300 users, 10 pro users. According to the calculator, only one P1 nodes is necessary. 

However, one table of my data model has 1.6 billion data. Another one has 200 millions. See data model attached. 

Should we plan for more capacity and fees? How much?

Thanks,

Joel

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-HPVkskITfGvOZ4476GMcQVXfVncpAuP/view?usp=sharing

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi there,

It would appear that you should be ok on a P1 with incremental refreshing.

There is a new premium capacity metrics app which can be used once implemented to see how everything is performing.

And as I'm sure you have read before if there is anything to make the model smaller look into that. Like unused columns and removing the built in date columns.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there

How large is your PBIX file with all the data loaded?

Are you looking to use Row Level Security?

The above will give an initial indication in terms of how much capacity you require.
It should be noted that you will need additional capacity for the refreshing of the data, but you can use incremental refreshing to ensure that you do not need double the capacity to refresh the data.

Power BI Blog

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi GilbertQ,

thanks for your insights. 

The PBIX file is 8Gb. 

There is 4 level of security applied using RLS : Salespersons (250), manager (30); director (10) and admin (10)

We plan to use the incremental refreshing functionnality.

Base on this information, have you got any other insights?

thanks,

Joel

Hi there,

It would appear that you should be ok on a P1 with incremental refreshing.

There is a new premium capacity metrics app which can be used once implemented to see how everything is performing.

And as I'm sure you have read before if there is anything to make the model smaller look into that. Like unused columns and removing the built in date columns.

Power BI Blog

Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks Gilbert,

it is very helpfull. we are in the development phase, I will let you know in this conversation for the final result.

thanks again,

Joel

No worries, I will be interested to see how it goes.

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors