Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

RGI
Helper III
Helper III

Chiclet slicer very slow when searching - are there other options?

I need to force my users to select one store from around 600.

The Chiclet slicer is ideal for my needs except that it's really slow on some of my older Windows 8.1 tablets

Once a store is selected it's fine, but due to the large number of stores we need to enable search. It's the search that's very slow. One waits up to 30 seconds between each letter you type in. Pretty much unusable.

Are there other options that force the user to select one item in a slicer?

Is there a way to speed up the Chiclet slicer?

2 REPLIES 2
v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @RGI,

Currently, it is not possible to force user to select one value in Chiclet slicer. You can come up a new idea about this. what's more, you can refer to this blog to improve usability and performance.

Regards,

Frank

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.

Hi @v-frfei-msft

You can force the user to select one item in the Chiclet slicer. So from that pov it works according to my needs.

However, the issue is that it's really slow when searching in the slicer.

Thanks for the link to the blog. We already employ the suggestions that affect perfomance.

You may have got confused between the standard Microsoft slicer (which doesn't force a user to select one entity) and the Chiclet slicer (which can force the user to select one entity).

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors