Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

markvsql
Resolver I
Resolver I

Chart Title Customizations Not Happening in Dashboard

On a report, I have modified the formatting of the Title on some visualizations. The image below shows that I have changed the colors as well as text alignment in the chart title.

Custom Title Format in Report.png

Pinning this to a dashboard results in this image below (the customizations did not make it). This is a dashboard I created from scratch so there was not an option to choose whether to propagate formatting or inherit from the dashboard.

Tile in Dashboard.png

4 REPLIES 4

@markvsql I get the same results, looks like the only thing that comes through is the color of the data points. Whereas the description in the release notes leaves "theme" to be interpreted as the entire report color scheme should be represented in the tile.

2) Control your visual colors in the dashboard

Color formatting in Power BI helps enrich the meaning of your data, whether via customized corporate theme or various conditions you defined. When the visual is pinned, your color formatting is automatically carried over to the dashboard. We also want you the have control over your dashboard theme colors. If your report is using a different theme from the dashboard theme, you can control whether the visual retains current theme, or uses the default dashboard theme to achieve consistency across visuals from various sources.

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/powerbi/archive/2015/09/16/power-bi-weekly-service-update-0915.aspx

@MiguelMartinez - can we get some clarification around what to expect? Is it only data point colors, or should other "theme" elements like background colors on visual and title bars be showing up?

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

Any updates on the same.

We are not seeing the tile theme option when we are trying to pin a tile to dashboard.

Yeah. In this case, since I created the dashboard manually in power BI, I was not prompted about the theme (working on a blog post about that). 

ashishrj
Power Participant
Power Participant

@markvsql Power BI Dashboard has its own format of displaying a pinned visualization. Sometimes even the color changes as it appears on report. Does clicking on that tile gives you original report (color and formatting)? If yes then no worries

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors