Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

ttinsley
Resolver I
Resolver I

Changing the name of a Premium Workspace

Is it possible to change the name of a premium workspace ... or more importantly, the app it generates, once that workspace has been created and the app has been published?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @ttinsley

I just completed the following steps below which worked successfully. What I would suggest is to first try it on a test App Workspace, just to ensure that it works as expected for you.

• Renamed my App Workspace.
    • When this was done the App still reflected the Original App Name.
  • I then went into the App settings and clicked on "Update App"
  • I then went back into my App, and the App Name was reflecting the new App Workspace name.
  • It all worked seamlessly, I did not have to add the App back or change anything, it just worked.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @ttinsley

I just completed the following steps below which worked successfully. What I would suggest is to first try it on a test App Workspace, just to ensure that it works as expected for you.

• Renamed my App Workspace.
    • When this was done the App still reflected the Original App Name.
  • I then went into the App settings and clicked on "Update App"
  • I then went back into my App, and the App Name was reflecting the new App Workspace name.
  • It all worked seamlessly, I did not have to add the App back or change anything, it just worked.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Thanks so much!  It must be that I am only a member of my workspace and I need to ask the administrator to perofrm this.  Great to know its possible tho!  Thank you sir!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors