Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Changing Export Control in Report Settings alters Report Formatting

I was testing the new ability to restrict who can export the data of a given Report in the Service as part of the October 2018 update.

I have this nifty data story on my coffee spend that I use for such tests. When I changed the Report's "Export Data" setting from "Summarized Data" (the default) to "None", it also did the following:

• Turned all Visual Borders off
  • Turned all Visual Backgrounds off
  • Turned all Visual Titles off
  • Broke my Bookmarks/Buttons (they just stop responding)
  • Removed my Custom Color Theme (though curiously the legend still shows the old color)

I know the change to Export caused it because I didn't change anything else, the "surprise" change is reflected in the Workspace while the "correct" formatting still shows in the App.

I restored the original formatting by republishing my PBIX file, but when I tried the Export Control again I saw the exact same unintended formatting change. My Power BI Desktop is version September 2018.

See the "Before" & "After" images below. I'm assuming this is a bug?

BeforeBefore

AfterAfter

3 REPLIES 3
v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @Anonymous,

If I understand your scenario correctly that the "Before" image is the Report setting for Summarized Data  and the"After" image is the Report setting for None?

If it is, I cannot reproduce your issue in my Power BI Service.

setting for none.PNG

If it is convenient, could you share a dummy pbix file which can reproduce the scenario, so that I can have a test in my site? You can upload it to OneDrive or Dropbox and post the link here. Do mask sensitive data before uploading.)

Best Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @Anonymous,

Have you solved your problem?

If you have solved, please accept the replies making sense as solution to your question so that people who may have the same question can get the solution directly.

If you still need help, please feel free to ask.

Best  Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I am having the same issue, curious to see if you found a solution.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors