cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Changing Analysis server

Hi, 

We are in the process of changing our Analysis server to a new dedicated Analysis server with a new name etc.  I can create an new data source connection to a copy of a tabular model on the new server, but how do I change the datasets in PowerBI Service to use the new data source connection pointing at the new Analysis server? 

I know, I can always download the .pbix file to desktop and change the data source and upload it again, but that's a very cumbersome process to do for each report. So if anyone knows a easier solution to point a data set to a new data source connection it would be much obliged.    

Regards

Jakob Wetterslev

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

Re: Changing Analysis server

Hi @JakobWetterslev ,

Based on my test, there is There is no easy way because you need to change the connection string of the datasource in the advanced editor. In service, you cannot modify it. You can only modify it in desktop.

Untitled picture1.png

Best Regards,

Dedmon Dai

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @JakobWetterslev ,

Based on my test, there is There is no easy way because you need to change the connection string of the datasource in the advanced editor. In service, you cannot modify it. You can only modify it in desktop.

Untitled picture1.png

Best Regards,

Dedmon Dai

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Thanks for your reply Dedmon, 

I feared you answar, but apparently there is no way out of it - it's the hard way down to desktop and up again for each report 😞

Regards

Jakob

Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

Unfortunately this will be a lot of work.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Blog

Community Blog

Visit our Community Blog for articles, guides, and information created by fellow community members.

Using the Community

Using the Community

Need help with the Power BI Community? Our 'Using the Community' support articles are a great place to start.

Galleries

Galleries

Looking for inspiration on how to present your data? Need instructional videos? Check out our Galleries!

Community Summit North America

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow. The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors