Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jimcris
Employee
Employee

Changes to tabular model and the analysis services connector

I found that there may be a caching issue or something related to the power bi ssas connector and ssas tabular model schema changes. The behavior I observed is that if I make a change to the tabular model (i.e. add new columns, measures, tables, etc.) Then go back to the web UI, it doesn’t show those changes. I tried selecting a different dataset and then going back to the changed dataset and it still doesn’t pick up the changes. I even tried refreshing the browser and closing and restarting the browser and the changes still don’t show. What I ended up doing was going to the server and stopping the ssas connector service and the restarting it and then when I go to the browser and select the dataset I see the changes. I was working through some training with several customers and didn’t have time to wait a long time to see if it eventually shows up (over the course of the things I tried I believe about 8-10 minutes elapsed before I restarted the service) Not sure if anyone has reported this

17 REPLIES 17

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors