Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

brett_walton
Helper II
Helper II

Changes that impact a Published URL

Does anyone know what type of changes can be made to a dashboard / report that would result in the Published URL not to work ?

We have published a URL for a dashboard but now I need to make some changes to the reports that feed that , will I have to republish ?

Thanks

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
ankitpatira
Community Champion
Community Champion

@brett_walton You can make changes to the report and won't need to re-publish as your users will automatically see your changes.

View solution in original post

v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @brett_walton,

As long as you don't add any unsupported contents and configurations to your dashboard/report, then the URL will continue to work. See all limitations here.

In addition, after modifying the reports, you can go to Manage embed codes page for your Publish to web embed codes to check the status of the URLs.

Regards

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
karthigainathan
Regular Visitor

Hi,

I am also experiencing the same issue when i update my report and republish it with the same report name. The URL gets changed.

I am not clear on the ANSWER given. can you please explain it to me how do you fix it.

v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @brett_walton,

As long as you don't add any unsupported contents and configurations to your dashboard/report, then the URL will continue to work. See all limitations here.

In addition, after modifying the reports, you can go to Manage embed codes page for your Publish to web embed codes to check the status of the URLs.

Regards

ankitpatira
Community Champion
Community Champion

@brett_walton You can make changes to the report and won't need to re-publish as your users will automatically see your changes.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors