Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Changes on report layout and visuals not refreshed on Service

Hi All

After I published PowerBI report from Desktop to Service, I made some changes to the report layout and visualisation (eg. added a few columns in matrix, renaming line chart and change the report layout) on Desktop. However, when I refresh the report on service, the changes are not reflecting. I have no problem in refreshing the data.

I am referring to the whole report layout and visualisation on Service, not the Dashboard as i did not pin anything to dashboard.

Anyone knows how to solve this please?

I do not want to republish the report as the link will change. And more changes will be made to the report in future (such as adding new pages/more tables to be added). It will be very inconvenient to the users if i change the link everytime changes are made.

Thank you for your time.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ibarrau
Super User
Super User

Hi. I'm sorry but that's how it works. Let me explain something. First of all if you republish the same report (exact match on names) to the service, it will replace the dataset keeping the same link URL.

Each time you modify visualizations, add pages, measures, tables, etc. it's a new development. It's like coding in software. You need to deploy your work after you finish. Any tool work like that. You can't expect that Service will capture your changes locally.

Besides that you have the Power Bi Refreshes (directly or gateway). That will help you flow new data. But just data. Once you have an stable version of the report you keep data flowing. Any new changes you work it locally untill is ready in your desktop.

I hope that make sense.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
ibarrau
Super User
Super User

Hi. I'm sorry but that's how it works. Let me explain something. First of all if you republish the same report (exact match on names) to the service, it will replace the dataset keeping the same link URL.

Each time you modify visualizations, add pages, measures, tables, etc. it's a new development. It's like coding in software. You need to deploy your work after you finish. Any tool work like that. You can't expect that Service will capture your changes locally.

Besides that you have the Power Bi Refreshes (directly or gateway). That will help you flow new data. But just data. Once you have an stable version of the report you keep data flowing. Any new changes you work it locally untill is ready in your desktop.

I hope that make sense.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @ibarrau 

Thank you very much for your detailed explanation! It is super helpful! I republished the report and the link still remains the same.

Thank you!! Appreciate it🤗

Have a nice day ahead!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors