Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

cherielmickley

Changes made on the in PowerBI web service not being seen by the end user

I'm sure it's something really stupid that I'm overlooking.  But Ive published a visual .  Afterwards, the end users requested that one of the filters be adjusted.  Since it was already published I attempted to make the changes on the web

interface.  Then I clicked the save button (highlighted in yellow).  This was days ago.  When I go to the visual, I see the changes but no one else does.  What am I doing wrong?

powerbi screen shot.PNG

3 REPLIES 3
v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @cherielmickley

Which way does the end user consume your report?

As tested, when you share a report with an user (in your organazition), changes you made will show on his side.

If you publish report from desktop to an App workplace, then publish an App including the report,

then the end user get the App you published and consume the report.

in this scenario, any change you made in the reports should show in the end user's App only when you "Update the App".

If your are not in these scenario, please let me know more details so i can analyze for you.

Best Regards

Maggie

Hi, Maggie

First, thanks for replying. 

All of our end users utilize the web service.  However I originally created the report in the desktop version of power bi.  I then published it to a workspace.  I don't belive this in included in an app (particularly because I don't see anything that says "update the app".)

Thanks again

Cherie

Hi @cherielmickley

I can reproduce this problem with steps below.

1. publish report to an App Workplace.

2.turn off "Persistent filters"

3.click on "publish to web", generate a link

4.end user paste the link in web to show the report

5. change the slicer in original report and save

6.end user click "refresh" on the web, the report doen't change as the new slicer applied.

If my test doesn't suit your scenario, please provide more information so i would gather more information to test.

How do you share the report to end user?

do you "share a report" by clicking on the "share" icon on the report ?

do you add end users as the member of your workplace where you publish the report?

do you pin the visual to a dashboard, then share the dashboard to end users?

Which web browser do you use? Chrome?

which version of desktop do you use?

Best Regards

Maggie

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors