Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

kasiaw29
Resolver II
Resolver II

Change to email address gateway was set up with.

Hi there,

Similar posts have been made about this a few years back. Just wanting to see if anyone had to go through the same process I'm about to. Looking for the best practice advice. 

When I set up PowerBI in my company (with PowerBI Gateway) I believe that I set it up with my company email address? Is there a way to check it? Also, we want to switch it over from my email address to a generic service account. What is the best way to do this? I've been searching through settings and can't find anything. 

Many thanks for your words of wisdom already! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ponnusamy
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

@kasiaw29 : When you say "I set up PowerBI in my company (with PowerBI Gateway)"  you are referring to gateway setup right? . Power BI service is part of office365 and its managed by tenanent and office365 admins. If you want to setup and use the gateway server with a generic service user, you can do so when you upgrade the gateway or re-install the gateway. Alternatively ,  you can add the service user to the admin list of the gateway which is up and running. You can see the list of users who have admin access by going to "manage gateway".

ponnusamy_0-1632400614273.png

ponnusamy_2-1632400764755.png

If this post helps, then please consider Accepting it as the solution, Give Kudos to motivate the contributors.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
ponnusamy
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

@kasiaw29 : When you say "I set up PowerBI in my company (with PowerBI Gateway)"  you are referring to gateway setup right? . Power BI service is part of office365 and its managed by tenanent and office365 admins. If you want to setup and use the gateway server with a generic service user, you can do so when you upgrade the gateway or re-install the gateway. Alternatively ,  you can add the service user to the admin list of the gateway which is up and running. You can see the list of users who have admin access by going to "manage gateway".

ponnusamy_0-1632400614273.png

ponnusamy_2-1632400764755.png

If this post helps, then please consider Accepting it as the solution, Give Kudos to motivate the contributors.

Hey @ponnusamy 

Exactly that, I was thinking this might be it but wasn't too sure. 

Thanks so much for replying back to me! I appreciate it. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors