Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Change subscriptions from other users

Hello,

Is it possible to change dashboard/report subscriptions made by other users? 

In my case, me and my colleague both have admin access to the workpace but we can't see or manage each other subscriptions. 

This is very important in case someone leaves the company and we have to tranfer the subscriptions, or if someone is on vacation and some change needs to be made.

thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
collinq
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous ,

You can setup subscriptions for yourself, or if you the dashboard or report owner you can set it up for others.  However, even as admin, you can't see other owner's subscriptions.  I do not believe that there is an API that lets you see this either.  It would be great if you put in an idea for this capability though and let us know so we can vote on it.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!
Private message me for consulting or training needs.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
collinq
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous ,

You can setup subscriptions for yourself, or if you the dashboard or report owner you can set it up for others.  However, even as admin, you can't see other owner's subscriptions.  I do not believe that there is an API that lets you see this either.  It would be great if you put in an idea for this capability though and let us know so we can vote on it.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!
Private message me for consulting or training needs.

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous You should be able to see all subscriptions here:

https://app.powerbi.com/groups/<workspace guid>/settings/communications

You should probably create subscriptions using an administrative service account specifically created for the administration of Power BI. You should also configure subscriptions to point to an Microsoft 365 group. Then, as long as you are using that servicer account you will see all of the subscriptions created and you can more easily change the recipients of subscriptions by simply editing the members of the group.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors