Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Change default language for all users in Power BI Service

Hi,

Is it possible to manage the default language for all users in Power BI Service?

I need all users (current and new) to have our native language as the default language and not "Default (browser language)".

Not that they can't change it afterwards, but at least the default option is managed by the company.

Is it possible and in that case, how?

Thank you so much in advance!

6 REPLIES 6
MAwwad
Super User
Super User

The default language for all users in Power BI Service can be managed by setting the default language in the Power BI Tenant Settings.

To do this, follow these steps:

1. Sign in to Power BI Service as an admin.
  2. Go to the gear icon in the top right corner and select "Tenant settings".
  3. Under the "Languages" section, select the language you want to set as the default.
  4. Click "Save".

Once you have set the default language, all new users will have that language set as their default, and existing users can change their language by going to their profile settings.

Please dont forget this as solution if it helped 🙂

I am using power bi report server, i wonder if the power bi report server portal have any way to do that?
Thank you so much

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Thanks for the suggestion.

I don't see any language section under "Admin Portal -> Tenant settings". Do you mind posting a screenshot?

No nit admin portal, Go to setting and you'll find it 🙂

DataSlayer_0-1675434677036.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

That only changes my own language setting and not all users.

The language of Power BI Service can be changed at the tenant-level in Azure Active Directory (AD), which will affect all users within the tenant. To change the language in Azure AD, follow these steps:

1. Sign in to the Azure portal with an account that has Global administrator privileges.
  2. Go to the Azure Active Directory service.
  3. Select "Users" from the left-side navigation.
  4. Select "User settings".
  5. Under "Language", select the desired language from the dropdown list.
  6. Click on "Save".

Note that this change will only affect the user interface and not the data within the reports and dashboards. Additionally, some users may need to sign out and sign back in for the changes to take effect.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors