Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

JulianTobon
Helper I
Helper I

Change SQL Server IP address Analysis services from data sources

Hello

Currently in our company, we have 4 cubes deployed in our server named BI with an IP address XXX.XXX.XX.XX. We have connected Power BI to these data sources through (SQL Analysis Services) and the Gateway is working. Are 4 Data sources with the same IP address and a group of reports have been developed in Power BI.

By infrastructure theme we must migrate this server, so the IP address will change. We are concerned about the subject of data origins, so I ask them:

Can the source data address be edited in Power BI?
What happens to reports already designed and pointing to that address?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @JulianTobon,

You should be able to change the source data address by clicking Data source settings under Home tab > Edit Queries.

as.PNG

The reports already designed and pointing to that address won't be affected, and will still work in this scenario. Smiley Happy

Regards

Is in Power BI Web no in Power Bi desktop Man Frustrated

Captura.PNG

Hi @JulianTobon,

I don't think there is an option to change the server address of an existing Analysis services within a Gateway on Power BI Service currently. 

In your scenario, you can just add a new data source for your Analysis services with the new IP address within your Gateway on Power BI Service. And you still need to change the data source settings to the new IP address on Power BI Desktop, then republish it to Power BI service. So that the reports already designed and pointing to that address won't be affected, and will still work. Smiley Happy

Regards

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors