Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Challenges enriching auto-generated report metrics

I am currently creating a custom usage metrics report for reports in one of my organization's workspaces. I've had no problem connecting to the 'Report Usage Metrics Model' in the Power Bi service, however this dataset does not satisfy all my needs and I have been unable to find any way to enrich it. What I'm looking to do (as a starting point) is add a field to the Users table that indicates whether the user is a developer or a stakeholder within the organization. I already have this data in a xslx file hosted on sharepoint, I just need to somehow incorporate it into the model. This would allow quick filtering to important metrics (reports under development, business critical reports, underused reports, etc.), however I have not found any way to accomplish this. I could of course create a measure with a very large case statement, but this is not sustainable and really should not be the only way to enrich this auto-generated dataset. Does anyone have suggestions on enriching the usage metrics dataset, or know if this is a feature Microsoft is looking into?

Any discussion is appreciated.

1 REPLY 1
Icey
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Currently, I have not found a workaround to meet your requirements.

I suggest you to submit your idea on Power BI Ideas

It is a place for customers to provide feedback about Power BI.

What’s more, if a feedback is high voted there by other customers, it will be promising that Power BI Team will take it into consideration when designing the next version in the future.

Best Regards,

Icey

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors