Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ToddChitt
Super User
Super User

Certify an ENTITY inside a Dataflow

I'm getting started with Dataflows and Certified Datasets. I see that I can only apply the Promoted/Certified property to the whole Dataflow level, not individual Entities inside said Dataflow. Am I missing something? Is it even possible?

Here's why: I create a Dataflow with some Entities and it gets CERTIFIED. I now want to add another Entity but it is still in development. As soon as I add it, it becomes CERTIFIED because it is a member of a Certified Dataflow. But it's still in DEV, not ready for prime time.

I would rather be able to apply Certifications at the Entity level, that way I can leave off Certification until it's ready.

Again, I may be missing something. Thanks in advance.

Did I answer your question? If so, mark my post as a solution. Also consider helping someone else in the forums!

Proud to be a Super User!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there

Currently dataflows and datasets can only be certified for the entire dataflow or dataset.

I would suggest if you are working on something in DEV put it into another dataflow and once ready add it to the certified dataset.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Power BI Blog

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there

Currently dataflows and datasets can only be certified for the entire dataflow or dataset.

I would suggest if you are working on something in DEV put it into another dataflow and once ready add it to the certified dataset.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Power BI Blog

Please clarify: Is there an *easy* way to transfer an Entity from one Dataflow to another? As far as I know, the only way to do that would be to recreate it in its entirely in the target location. Sure, you can leverage the M code from the source and copy and paste into the target, but I don't classify that as *easy*.

Thanks

Did I answer your question? If so, mark my post as a solution. Also consider helping someone else in the forums!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors