Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

amsilva

Centralize PowerBI/Datasource error log files

Hi.

I have a cluster with two on-premise data gateways.

In order to monitor both gateways and datasources configured I'm looking for a way to centralize all the log files in one location.

I also want to centralize all the datasource refresh errors in the same location/log file that I can check regularly without need to go to every datasources one by one.

Any help will be appreciated?

Regards.

3 REPLIES 3
v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @amsilva,

Have you solved your problem?

If you have solved, please always accept the replies making sense as solution to your question so that people who may have the same question can get the solution directly.

If you still need help, please feel free to ask.

Best Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-piga-msft

Sorry for the delay.

As I can see, datasource refresh errors are not registered in this logs files, so it wasn't a solution for my question 😞

v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @amsilva,

As I know, the gateway service logs are categorized into three buckets: information, error, and network. 

For your scenario, you could find the gateway log file which contains the information you want.

This file is located by default at: \Program Files\On-premises data gateway\Microsoft.PowerBI.EnterpriseGateway.exe.config.

More details, you could refer to this document.

Best Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors